Our Wedding: The Cake!

Tucker and I are incredibly lucky to have an incredibly talented baker in our family. Tucker's Aunt Susan is responsible for getting Tucker started on his lifelong journey with cooking and baking. We were also incredibly lucky that Susan agreed to bake our wedding cake.


It was amazing. Chocolate with more chocolate, raspberry filling, butter cream, ganache, decorated with violets and lilacs. I'm constantly thinking about breaking into the cake top that is in our freezer, I guess we are supposed to wait until our first anniversary.
I had a grand plan of typing up the recipe with her notes, but I just looked at the 10+ pages and gave up. The recipe is originally adapted from the Chocolate Wedlock recipe in "Death by Chocolate: The Last Word on a Consuming Passion." If you are really serious about baking a wedding cake, get in touch and I'll send over the recipe. In the meantime, enjoy the pictures!
 Cousin Emily steals an extra piece of cake:

Comments