Grilled Salmon With Thai "Pesto" And Noodle Salad (We're Back In The Game!)

And... we're back! We are all moved in to our new house (although not unpacked at all) and we have all of our beautiful new kitchen appliances. I don't want to brag or anything, but check out our new induction stove, I love it so much!
Of course, that did mean that we had to get a whole new set of pots, lucky for us, my mom bought us a new set of pots that will work with the induction stove as a housewarming present (the pots just have to be magnetic, and it is surprising how hard that is to find these days!). But it boils water so fast! It's like magic... electromagnetic magic.

Anyhow, even though I haven't been posting, we have been cooking some, so I have a big backlog of recipes to share. This was one of my favorite things we made in July: Thai Pesto! This all started when we got lemon basil from our CSA and had no idea what to do with it. Tucker came up with the genius idea of making Thai pesto, and it came out delicious! We slathered the pesto on some salmon and grilled it and it came out AMAZING! Please note that this recipe assumes that you are going to cook the pesto somehow, otherwise that is way too much raw garlic.

Grilled Salmon With Thai"Pesto"
Inspired by Mark Bittman's Cilantro Pesto in "How To Cook Everything"

Ingredients
2 cups lemon basil
salt
1\2 clove garlic
3 TB peanut oil
1 TB lemon juice
1 TB red Thai chili paste
1 large fillet salmon
1/4 cup peanuts

Instructions
Combine ingredients in a food processor. Scrape down sides and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread pesto on salmon and grill for five minutes on each side.

Broccoli Noodle Salad
Ingredients
2 shallots
1 TB sesame oil
1 TB fish sauce
1 clove garlic
1 head of broccoli
1 package rice noodles
1/2 cup peanuts
peanut oil

Instructions
Sauté garlic and shallots in peanut oil, add broccoli and cook until browned. Chop peanuts finely and toast lightly. Cook rice noodles and toss with broccoli, peanuts, sesame oil, fish sauce, and a little bit of the Thai pesto.

Comments

My friend gave me a big bouquet of lemon basil that left me scratching my head. Now, I have a plan!
Love Thai pesto, use it in so many of my recipes. But thanks for your salmon recipe, sounds lovely.